It's Fall Ya'll! That means all the fun Fall flavors and how can we not share those with our pups?! These Apple Cider Donuts have some delicious Autumn staples - apple and cinnamon! They are super easy to make, dog friendly of course, and are sure to make your pup smile.
This recipe fills a 12 count donut pan! We use a donut mold like this one from Amazon. It's perfect because it's made of silicone and offers an easy way to get the donuts out without sticking! Eliminates the hassle of the donuts getting stuck, breaking, or crumbling!
- 1 cup Flour (whole wheat, almond, coconut flour are all fine)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Banana
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/3 cup Coconut Water (can sub for regular water)
- Add banana, coconut oil, egg, applesauce, and coconut water to a blender
- Blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender, beaters work too
- Add smooth mixture to a mixing bowl
- Add baking soda and flour to the mix
- Stir or beat until completely mixed together
- Add the batter to donut molds and hit against the counter to settle the batter and get all the bubbles out
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes
- Let the donuts cool
- Drizzle pure honey on the tops - not too much!
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on the tops
That's it! Now your pup can enjoy! Prep time was super quick and Scout loved them.
** Always check with your vet before introducing new foods to your dog. This recipe is meant to be a treat and not a source of nutritional food for dogs, therefore should be fed in small quantities. Most ingredients are only okay for our dogs in small quantities and too much of anything can make them sick. These ingredients are what I feel comfortable feeding my dog, but that may not be the same for you or what your vet recommends. Always keep fresh water accessible to your pup. Break food up into pieces that your dog can easily swallow. Feeding entire large treats can cause choking.
Blula is an Amazon Associate and earns commissions from qualifying purchases through affiliate links.